top dog friendly beaches in malta
dogs love to swim! why not take them with you
In Malta and Gozo you find dog friendly beaches where you can take your dog to swim with you. There are several rules you must abide whilst accompanying your dog. There are signs by the bay to inform you whether the beach is dog friendly or not.
Apart from taking your dog to the official dog friendly beaches listed on this page, you can take your dog anywhere else to swim for example the rocky beaches where your dogs can remain on the rocks. You cannot take your pets on other sandy beaches and Blue Flag Beaches.
All this is thanks to the Agriculture and Fisheries and Animal Rights. The following list is issued under a Public Health Regulation.
Disclaimer: On our website you will find affiliate links from which we make a small commission.
Official Dog Friendly Beaches
island of gozo
- Xwejni Bay, Marsalforn
- Trejqet Mgarr Ix-Xini, Ghajnsielem
north of malta
- Dahlet Ix-Xmajjar (Ahrax), Armier
- Torri L-Abjad, Armier
- Imgiebah Bay, Selmun
south of malta
- Rinella Bay, Kalkara
- Zonqor Point, Marsascala
- Xatt Is-Sajjieda, Marsaxlokk
- Behind Splash and Fun Water Park, Bahar Ic-Caghaq
- Fortina - Tigne Point, Sliema
- Since you will take your dog on a public beach, it is a must that you keep them on a leash, except when they are in the water.
- Dog owners are requested to carry a waste bag, and clean immediately after their dog.
- Dog owners are responsible for the behaviour of their dog.
- Dog owners who do not abide by the law will be fined.
It is important to make sure that your dog does not cause and inconvenience to other people on the beach. Make sure that after you clean the mess of your dog, you throw it away in the bins provided.
why aren't dogs allowed on all beaches?
The main reason why they are not allowed on all beaches is due to the extra waste they leave. Unfortunately not all owners take care to clean up the mess their dogs leave.
Want To Share This Page On Pinterest? Pin It Here!
Enjoy this page? Share It On Social Media!
want to rent a car in malta?
We have used Discover Cars every time we rented a car. We highly recommend them due to their good service and good prices.
Book your car now!
need to book a hotel for your malta visit?
Using Booking.com, enter your travel dates and number of occupants then rates will be available for hotels and apartment during your visit in Malta
See Malta Hotels on Booking.com
By Albert and Benjamin Magro