St George's bay is one of the most attractive sandy beaches in Malta. Located in the heart of the entertainment mecca known as Paceville, it is the location where many tourists and students like to take a dip into our clean Maltese waters.
It is a location within St. Julian’s where a large percentage of hotels, restaurants, nightlife and various English language schools are located.
The beach is popular both during the day as well as up to early hours. When it is good weather youths, especially foreign students, like to laze on the sand enjoying the beautiful weather of our islands. They socialize with many other youths coming from different countries to study English.
You can integrate going for a long walk start from this
beach up to Sliema, Gzira to Ta’ Xbiex. A walk of at least seven kilometres. In
fact there are some very good areas for swimming.
Many restaurants, cafes and ice cream parlers lie along the promenade and you are spoilt for choice, where one would either like to eat or have a light snack or even an ice-cream or coffee.
St Georges bay is an enjoyable sandy beach in the centre of the entertainment area.
St Georges Beach Quality
- The beach was awarded the Blue flag standard.
- Surrounded by numerous restaurants and bars.
The Most Popular Tourist Attractions Malta Offers
- By car or bus.
- It is centrally located on the coastal area further up from Sliema, to St. Julian’s Bay.
- Immediately after Paceville and St Georges Bay.
Malta Public transport
To Bay: 80, 82, 119, 210 - Nadur Bus Stop
To Valletta: 80, 82
Hop-On Hop-Off Tours
- All tours pass and stop at St. George’s Beach.
St. Julian's Malta Hotels
- H Hotel
- Parking is not easy.
- You have to look around and you will probably park some distance, but it is well worth it.
- If you are exploring Malta on public transport, it is easier.
Persons With Less Mobility
- The beach is accessible for persons with disability, according to the Blue Flag program.
- They are located at the centre of the sandy beach.
- No specific warnings about the sea in this area.
- You can easily rent sunbeds and deckchairs, either from the beach club or the side rental shop beside the restaurants.
- They are not allowed on the beach.
- Not allowed on the beach.
- Located in the village of St. Julian’s.
- Closest town is Sliema and on the other side the village of Swieqi.
- Paranga restaurant at St Georges Bay.
It is situated at the corner of the sandy beach. Easily reachable by many swimmers who want to eat and drink. You can enjoy a beautiful view with a host of dining options for all tastes. It is owned by the Inter Continental Hotel which is close by and this guarantees quality.
Parking is no problem if you eat at La Paranga as the Intercontinental Hotel offers three hours free parking.
As mentioned before near St Georges Beach there are plenty of other restaurants. A bowling alley and also cinemas where one can stop if you would like to see a film. There is a big complex of retail outlets on three levels at the Bay street complex where one can enjoy shopping.
What else can one wish for, you find all these facilities in one area. Even for the children there is entertainment where one can keep their children busy too.
Enjoy your time at St Georges beach.