Paradise Bay Malta is another lovely bay to visit located at the farthest north point of Malta. It is unique because from the top of the cliffs, it offers an unobstructed view of both Gozo and Comino Island.
Also located at this beautiful spot is the hotel which overlooks the bay. The terminal for the Malta Gozo ferry is located just beyond the hotel, where the boat berths and services the regular frequent crossings between the two islands.
The beach is accessed by a rather long flight of steps but the beauty and seclusion of the beach makes the descent well worth it. It is a fairly small sandy beach set in a natural environment secluded rocky surroundings.
It is one of our favorite beaches to visit during the summer and is very much frequented by locals and tourists.
The bay is served with all the necessary beach facilities and a number of decks have been created for sunbeds and umbrellas on the surrounding upper levels of the bay as well as on the sandy beach itself.
There is no need to take any drinks and food as the facilities and services offered are of a high standard. During peak summer months a buffet and bar-b-que are served.
The restaurant also remains open in the evenings and one can enjoy a very pleasant meal in a quiet romantic location.
During the peak summer months, June to early September, the Bay becomes very crowded during the weekends.
"Lovely place which is close from the wind, nice place to chill. You can spend here all day, staff are so kind and helpful. Good restaurant and bar. Highly recommend to visit"
"I have visited a lot of beaches on Malta and this one is my favorite. The water is so clean, you don't need to walk for 5 min to experience deeper water and the snorkeling there was actually nice too"
- March to May: Monday to Sunday from 09:00 - 18:00
- June to mid-September: Monday to SUnday from 09:00 to 22:00
- Mid-September to October: Monday to Sunday from 09:00 to 18:00
Contact: +356 21575491
Where is Paradise Bay?
Pre-bookings for sunbeds and umbrellas is recommended during the peak season, however one can always try one’s luck! After 11:00 the best sunbed areas are usually already occupied.
During all the summer period, the Lido is open every night for dinner offering a vast a la carte menu with live entertainment on particular nights during the week.
- Available against a small fee. Rest Rooms are free of charge
- The small shop provides a selection of beach toys.
- The bay is also home to one of Malta’s biggest beach parties: pve Sexy, held each year around end May featuring top local DJs as well as foreigner guests
A visit to Paradise Bay is a must during your holiday with us.
By Car: It is very easy to get there by car.
- On arriving at Mellieha village proceed to Ghadira Bay or so called in English, Mellieha Bay.
- Proceed along the full length of the bay and up the hill towards the Cirkewwa Ferry Terminal.
- Before getting to the terminal and just before Paradise Bay Hotel, you will notice a ninety degree turn up the road of Triq il-Latnija.
- Drive straight ahead up the hill which automatically takes you to the Paradise Bay parking area.
- Cars can be parked in the large area reserved for parking just before you go down the stairs.
- Parking is free but the parker will expect a tip.
By Public Transport:
- The bus stop is adjacent to the public car parking area.
- Paradise Bay Malta is located further up from Ghadira Bay very close to the Gozo Ferry Terminal crossing to Gozo.
- To Bay: 101
- To Valletta: Walk down Il-Latnija street to the main road then catch 41 or 42
- Paradise Bay Malta is cleaned every day for the comfort of all those who visit.
- The facilities offered at the Paradise Bay Lido are very good including everything from rental of sun beds and umbrellas to reasonably priced food.
- The Paradise Bay Lido also offers a variety of services including hire of paddle boats and canoes.
- Rest Rooms are provided by Paradise Bay Beach Club.
- You can bring your own umbrella and chairs.
- Alternatively one can hire sunbeds and umbrellas from the lido.
- If you want to stay close to the seashore the attendant will bring them for you.
- During peak season, one has to arrive very early to catch a place at the water’s edge.
Water Sports at Paradise Bay beach:
- Canoeing rental from the Paradise Bay Lido.
- Paddle around the bay for a different view of the surrounding coast.
- Canoeing on the left of the bay is recommended as one can observe the azur blue water and spectacular scenery.
Persons With Less Mobility:
- The beach is not accessible for disabled persons due to the stairs leading down to the beach.
Bar-b-ques and Camps:
- Both bar-b-ques and camps are prohibited on the beach.
Villages and Hotels in the vicinity:
- Mellieha village is the closest.
- St. Paul’s Bay is further back the same main road to come to this beach.
- Paradise Bay Hotel Malta - It is located just in front of Paradise Bay. From the other side of the hotel you have a fantastic view of the Gozo Ferry Terminal, Gozo and Comino.
- Riviera Resort & Spa - The Riviera Resort & Spa is further away. To arrive here you have to go back to the main road and head back in the direction of Mellieha Bay. Once you arrive at the junction beside the Red Tower, take a left and proceed along the straight road. There are various signs indicating where the resort is.
A visit to Paradise Bay Malta is a must during your visit to our islands.
Enjoy your time at Paradise Bay.