Dahlet Qorrot Gozo is a small attractive peaceful bay located at the north-east side of Gozo at the far end between Nadur and Qala. It is a serene place where one can relax and enjoy the natural beauty.
Dahlet Qorrot Gozo is a small island, it is imbued with several locations where one can enjoy the serenity of nature all year round, even during the peak summer months. This small enclosed bay is the perfect place if you wish to spend quality time during your holidays in Malta.
Qorrot Bay is a perfect location for the keen photographer. At every twist and turn there is a unique photograph waiting to be snapped. We have included some photos to wet your appetite and entice you to pay a visit to this little secluded bay.
The route to this bay is through a narrow descending road which affords extraordinary views of the bay. Upon arrival, one finds a small sandy/pebbly beach with a small area for parking.
One also immediately notices some fishermen’s rooms cut into the rocks on the right hand side. Sometimes one can see one or two of the fishermen outside their rooms mending their nets – a chance to see a snapshot of how people lived many years ago when life was much calmer and quieter.
The place is ideal for children to play on the sand and enjoy a swim as the shore line is shallow. However one needs to be aware that the sea gets deep fairly quickly so children should be kept under strict supervision.
For the more adventurous swimmers who like to jump or dive into the sea, there is a designate area from where one can do so and this is serviced with a ladder to enable swimmers to safely climb back out of the sea.
This bay also offers a paradise for keen snorkelers as the sea is very clear making this an ideal place.
Some small inlets in the rocks by the beach serve as a shelter from the strong sun, and the benches which have been provided for visitors are shaded by trees which also offer some respite from the sun.
In winter the location is ideal for those who wish to seek some solitude, or who enjoy watching the rough or calm sea, or reading, or just spending some time quietly away from the usual hustle and bustle of everyday life. In the winter months, Dahlet Qorrot bay rough sea can be risky for those who are not experienced swimming.
Due to its low level location, getting a connection on your mobile phone might prove to be problematic.
We strongly suggest that you do not miss an opportunity to visit this wonderful Bay.
Dahlet Qorrot Gozo Beach Quality
- It is cleaned very frequently by the local authorities.
- There are no beach facilities in the area.
- It is therefore advisable that one takes along the essentials.
- Take the road to Nadur and upon arriving you will notice the road signs in the main roads which will lead you to this bay.
- No public transport is available up to the bay.
- There is a three kilometres walk from the parish church of Nadur.
- Although a large part of the walk is a descent, however one should keep in mind that the return journey would be a steep hill climb.
- If you feel inclined to take on the challenge, it is recommended that you carry as few things as possible.
The Most Popular Tourist Attractions Malta Offers
To Bay: 303, 322
- 322 stops at Madonna bus stop to proceed to Daħlet Qorrot
- 303 stop at Qorrot bus stop to proceed to Daħlet Qorrot
To Victoria, Rabat: 303
To Mgarr Harbour: 303, 322
- Although parking is not ample, however there is adequate parking for the usual number of visitors.
Persons With Less Mobility
- A ramp is available at one side of the beach giving access to the sandy beach although it is usually used for boats.
- However the inclination of the ramp might not be at the recommended angle for wheelchair users, so caution is advisable.
- There is a public rest room at Dahlet Qorrot Gozo Bay.
- It is open every day.
- Water sports are not available.
- Although the bay is visited by a few day tours who bring tourists to flavor the beauty of the bay.
- There are no underwater currents in the vicinity of the sandy beach, however the sea level gets deep fairly quickly so one should be careful to gauge one’s activities depending on one’s swimming abilities.
- No beach furniture is provided aside for a handful of benches which are shaded by some trees.
- It is therefore advisable to take your own umbrella and chairs.
- Nadur and Qala
Hotels in the Vicinity of the Beach
- The Grand Hotel - Overlooking Mgarr Harbour, then at Rabat.
- All throughout Gozo in all the villages there are several apartments and farmhouses for rent which are purposely equipped to host tourists.
Area Food & Drink:
- There is a snack-bar facility during the summer months but it is not always available.
- It is always important, and strongly advisable, that you take your own food and water with you for an enjoyable relaxing visit.
- A watch tower known as ‘Torri ta’ Sopu’ can be found in the vicinity.
- This was built during the stay of the Knights of St. John in Malta and specifically in 1667 when Grand Master Nicholas Cottoner decided to increase the fortifications of the Maltese islands to guard against the constant threat of Turkish invasions.