Isle of MTV Malta
The Biggest Free Live Performance
Concert In Europe
The Isle of MTV Malta is held either in June or July, with famous worldwide class line up singers come to Malta to give a wonderful show at the open air Granaries in Floriana, together with local established artists.
Youngsters from all over Malta and Gozo together with adults join this show to cheer and sing for a wonderful evening.
Malta Music Week
Isle of MTV Concert 2020: TBA beginning 2020
Isle of MTV Music Week: TBA beginning 2020
Artists Performing 2020: TBA beginning 2020
Program still not published
All event tickets: www.isleofmtv.com
Isle of MTV Malta has been going on since 2006. It is also well known all over Europe as being the biggest free music festival. It is a popular event for foreigners to visit Malta especially for this event.
This event is usually attended by a
massive number of 50,000 people.
At 18:00 Maltese Artists perform
At 20:00 / 20:30 International Artists perform
It is also shown on MTV later during the year worldwide so more
people can watch it.
The concert is a boost to Malta and good publicity for tourists to
know about Malta and visit the island.
Suggestions For New Comers
Many people go early in the afternoon to get a place in the front near the stage at around 15:00. It is suggested to take with you essential like any medicine or medication.
It is good to remember that the weather will be very hot and you surely require, a proper head cover, water in plastic bottles only. Comfortable clothes especially shoes.
There will be facilities as bars and food stalls spread around the audience area. Alcohol can be bought from 17+.
Temporary toilet facilities are available.
There is a pre-program with Maltese singers and groups starting at
It is recommended to come for the concert with public transport
since the main Valletta hub for all buses is not more than 500 metres away. The
Malta public transport will run a special bus service to and from many
localities to the isle of mtv concert area.
If you came to Malta through an organized tour or a language
school, ask for any organized coaches to the venue. Public parking is limited
although there is an underground parking area.
Things You Should Know About Before Coming
- If you are a foreigner do not linger alone outside the concert area as you will be a stranger to the area. Stay close as possible to your friends.
- Entrance price to Isle of Malta is free
- No age restriction within the area of the concert.
- The Malta police are in attendance and security checks are held prior to entry in the concert area.
- At 15:00 one gate opens
- At 16:00 the second gate
- At 17:00 all 17 gates will be open
- Do not bring any item which you think will be confiscated by the police such as sharp objects.
Please note that the following
are prohibited items:
- Alcohol if under the age of 17
- Sophisticated cameras due to copyright
- Flags on poles
- Glass bottles (including perfume bottles)
- Illegal substances
- Laser pens
- Professional audio/visual recording equipment - rucksacks or bags over A4/magazine size
- The Malta red cross will be available for any required
- Weapons (including pointed instruments, screw drivers, syringes, scissors,
Isle of MTV Malta Previous Concerts
- 2020 - Show was not done due to the pandemic.
- 2019 - Martin Garrix, Bebe Rexha, Ava Max & Wiley
- 2018 - Jason Derulo, Hailee Steinfeld, Sigala, Paloma Faith, Ella Eyre, Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike
- 2017 - The Chainsmokers, DNCE, Jonas Blue, Raye
- 2016 - Wiz Khalifa, Jess Glynne, Steve Aoki, Clean Bandit
- 2015 - Martin Garrix, Jason Derulo, Echosmith, Tori Kelly, OMI
- 2014 - Hardwell, Enrique Iglesias, Nicole Scherzinger, Dizzee Rascal, Kiesza, Tenishia
- 2013 - Jessie J, Rita Ora, Rudimental, Afrojack
- 2012 - Will. i. Am, Nelly Furtado, Flo Rida
- 2011 - Snoop Dogg, LMFAO, Far East Movement and The Parade
- 2010 - David Guetta, Scissor Sisters, Kid Rock, Kelis
- 2009 - The Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga, Metro Station and Esmée Denters
- 2008 - The Kooks, OneRepublic, N*E*R*D, Lady Gaga and Enrique Iglesias.
- The first Isle of MTV Malta concert 2007 - Akon, Maroon 5, Enrique Iglesias and Ira Losco representing local Maltese talent.