Are you coming to Malta in January? Yes it is cold but it is also sunny. Still it is pleasant to come during this time of the year. Tourists are much less during the winter months. You will have better quality time to see many attractions and with less queues.
It is usually the coldest month of the year, rain but there could be sunny days too. Wind is another aspect and could be grigal too, meaning bad weather. On the other hand you see tourists in t-shirts and shorts or light clothing. At the same time it can be very beautiful sunny days.
Malta’s climate in January will definitely be preferable to the UK’s, making it an ideal winter sun holiday location.
A glance to the weather in Malta in January – You will read about it and much more…
Here is what you need to know about visiting Malta during this time of the year
- Austria: 1°C | 34°F
- Belgium 3°C | 37°F
- France 4°C | 39°F
- Germany 1°C | 34°F
- Ireland 10°C | 50°F
- Italy 7°C | 47°F
- Netherlands 3°C | 37°F
- Poland 2°C | 36°F
- Sweden -15°C | 5°F
- Spain 9°C | 48°F
- Switzerland -1°C | 30°F
- United kingdom 5°C | 41°F
- Harbour Cruise - Malta's Galant History | Departure daily from the Sliema Marina.
- The Best of Gozo and Comino | Departures Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday in January
- Mysteries of the Grand Harbour | Departures Monday, Wednesday & Friday all month
- Sunday Special | Departures on on Sunday
All other cruises start around March when the weather is more settled.
Full Day Tours:
Half Day Tours:
- Majestic Valletta Half Day | Operates Monday, Wednesday & Thursday
- Malta Prehistoric Temple Tour Half day | Held on Saturday
- The Three Cities Tour Half Day (Morning) | Operates only on a Wednesday
- Blue Grotto and Marsaxlokk Extended Half Day (Morning)| Operates only on a Monday
- Sicily Mt. Etna and Modica | Operates Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
- Sicilies eastern coast with Syracuse, Marzamemi and Noto | Held on Wednesday & Sunday
- Malta Jeep Safari Tours | Operates Monday to Saturday all year round
- Gozo Jeep Safari Tours | Operates Monday to Sundayall year round
- Defender Jeep Safari Tours: Malta | Gozo | Operates Monday to Saturday all year round
- Dolphins Swimming
- Malta Film Tour
- Segway Tour in Malta
- Day Tours in Malta and Gozo with Guide
- Multivision Show in Valletta on Malta
- Night tour through Valletta, Mosta and Mdina | Operates on a Tuesday
- Quad Bike Tour Malta | Operates on Monday, Wednesday & Friday
- Diving for Beginners
- Beach Day in Malta
- Malta Private Tour
- Hiking in Malta or Gozo
- Fishing Trips / Deep Sea Fishing / Deep Sea Angling in Malta
- Dinner & Show | Held on Wednesday & Friday
- Malta in One Day | Operates on Wednesday & Friday
- The Three Cities & Wine Tasting Tour | Operates on Tuesday
- Wine cellar, wine bar and professional wine tasting | Operates from Monday to Friday
- It is the coldest month of the year. Proper clothing is recommended. Nice sunny weather is very possible. Enjoy the countryside and greenery. Do not exaggerate with thick clothes. It depends what type of person you are.
- On the other hand if it is windy and
with high humidity it will be very cold especially if it is cloudy. So bring
- It is beautiful to go for walks in the countryside or along the sea promenades during December and January. The weather is cold but you will enjoy the sun.
- The weather for February is similar to that of January. Very little changes, but the occasions to savour the beautiful sun will surely not be missed.
- Nice sunny weather is very possible. Enjoy the countryside and greenery.
- It is beautiful to go for walks in the countryside or along the sea promenades during December and January.
- If you compare Malta to the rest of Europe the weather here is quite mild and frost free.
- Serious bad weather is not common in Malta but they do happen sometime or another. Hail storms do occur but not frequent.
- The sea temperature is around 16°C. It is not ideal for swimming as it is cold. There are some brave ones but very few. The sea might be rough so we recommend to swim at the many indoor pools hosted by the hotels.
- Morning and evening are generally very fresh even cold.
- January always has some splendid sunny days. February weather is very much similar to that of January.