Coming to Malta in June? It is already hot. Summer is with us and ideal to visit Malta. Long sunny days, it is very warm and very little rain. June is a great time to swim, sunbathe and be here to enjoy the start of summer.
A glance to the weather in Malta for June – You will read about it further down…
- What should I pack for a summer
holiday? What others wear?
- Should I come here during this time of the year?
- Malta in June, is it worth visiting?
- What are the things I can do in Malta during June?
- Village festas in Malta. What is the best fieste I can go?
- What are the cruises to the Blue Lagoon and Gozo?
- Highest Recorded 40°C (104°F) | Lowest Recorded 15°C (59°F)
- Daily Average: Highest 29°C (83°F) | Lowest 20°C
- Daylight Hours of Sunshine 11.2
- UV Index 9 to 10
- Rainfall 5mm (0.2")
- Austria 19°C | 66°F
- Belgium 16°C | 61°F
- France 18°C | 64°F
- Germany 17°C | 63°F
- Ireland 14°C | 57°F
- Italy 22°C | 72°F
- Netherlands 15°C | 59°F
- Poland 15°C | 59°F
- Sweden 9°C | 48°F
- Spain 21°C | 70°F
- Switzerland 16°C | 61°F
- United kingdom 16°C | 61°F
- Only summer clothes are recommended. Beach wear, including shorts, bermuda shorts, Tee-shirts, all clothes that do not make you hot.
- For young children it is recommended to wear long sleeve bathing suits and a hat as they tend to play on the sand directly in the sun. Good sun screens and frequent applications.
- The evening will be warm but might be slightly fresh. Still summery clothes are enough. Do get a thin sweatshirt or cardigan knowing that you are not sure of what the weather will be like, otherwise leave it in your luggage at least.
- For the months June to September mainly summer light clothes, dresses, light shirts an-d shorts.
- Pack summer clothes, all that you need for the beach including protection against the sun.
- You can visit the three cities namely Birgu, Bormla and l-Isla. They are adjacent to each other surrounded with fortifications and plenty of historical locations to explore.
- Evening walks are very pleasant and recommended at this time.
- Go to a village feast. See the complete list on our site. On the
page we provide the final last day of the feast. Almost all villages have
festivities spread along all the week prior to the Sunday feast day. There are
tourist tours to specific feasts to visit the villages and their evening fireworks
too. Ask for further details at the tour operator shops or at your hotel.
- Yacht Day Charter with Skipper
- Round Malta Day Cruise
- Boat Rental Without Licence
- Spirit of Malta
- Sunset Cruise | Operates on a Sunday only
- Spirit of Malta Adventure | Departure on Monday & Thursday
- Harbour Cruise - Malta's Galant History | Departure daily from the Sliema Marina.
- Mysteries of the Grand Harbour | Departures Monday, Wednesday & Friday all month
- Sunday Special | Departures on on Sunday
- Underwater Safari | Departures Monday to Saturday in April
- Above & Below | Departures Monday, Wednesday & Friday all month
Gozo & Comino Cruises
- Comino & The Blue Lagoon
- Gozo, Comino and The Blue Lagoon
- The Best of Gozo and Comino
- Travel By Powerboat to Comino and/or Gozo
- Full Day 3 Island Sailing Trip | Operates only on a Monday
- Boatparty in Malta & Gozo | Departures Wednesday & Friday to Sunday
- Gozo Jeep Safari & Comino Cruise | Departures Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
All other cruises start around March when the weather is more settled.
Full Day Tours:
Half Day Tours:
- Majestic Valletta Half Day | Operates Monday, Wednesday & Thursday
- Malta Prehistoric Temple Tour Half day | Held on Saturday
- The Three Cities Tour Half Day (Morning) | Operates only on a Wednesday
- Blue Grotto and Marsaxlokk Extended Half Day (Morning)| Operates only on a Sunday
- Sicily Mt. Etna and Modica | Operates Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
- Sicilies eastern coast with Syracuse, Marzamemi and Noto | Held on Wednesday & Sunday
- Sicily Mount Etna and Taormina | Operates Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
- Malta Jeep Safari Tours | Operates Monday to Saturday all year round
- Gozo Jeep Safari Tours | Operates Monday to Sunday all year round
- Defender Jeep Safari Tours: Malta | Gozo | Operates Monday to Saturday all year round
- Snorkeling in Malta
- Dolphins Swimming
- Malta Film Tour
- Segway Tour in Malta
- Hypogeum in Malta
- Sightseeing in Malta | Sightseeing in Gozo
- Night tour through Valletta, Mosta and Mdina | Operates on a Tuesday
- Diving for Beginners
- Beach Day in Malta
- Malta Private Tour
- Jet Skiing Malta
- Fishing Trips / Deep Sea Fishing / Deep Sea Angling in Malta
- Dinner & Show | Held on Wednesday & Friday
- Malta in One Day | Operates on Wednesday & Friday
It is summer now dry and hot.
The average temperature for this month increases from 21°C (00°F) from the first days of the month to 25°C (00°F) during the final few days.
Daily highs and lows follow the same pattern.
Day light is 11 hours, early sunrise and late sunset offers you a long day of activity or sunbathing. You can have a good mix through this long day.
Mornings and evenings are by now also warm, nights tend to be warm.
June is hot but not as hot as July and August where you can experience heat waves. See the temperature details for this month.
You can sunbathe as much as you want.
You can have your good tan during your holiday. If you go for sightseeing and
walk around to see historical places, the air will be very dry and the heat
will have a strong effect on you. Take precautions. Drink a lot of water.
By now the weather is stable. It is summer. Average rainfall is just 5mm over a month with weeks passing by and no rain. But there is some form of precipitation for around three days during this month. It is mostly moderate rain with thunderstorms or light rain. There were exceptions that occurred once a while.