Are you coming to Malta? The weather in Malta in February page helps you understand what you will find. Actually it is the coldest month of the year. Bad weather, rain and winds expected but always with some very nice sunny days.
It is still a very good time to come to Malta. During this period tourists are less frequented. The attractions will be less crowded and better quality time for you.
The weather in Malta in February page helps you understand what you will find.
View the following for good tips
A glance to the weather in Malta in February – You will read about it and much more…
- What should I pack? How does the
- Should I come here during this time of the year?
- Things you can do in Malta during February.
- Is it worth visiting Malta in winter or during the low season?
- What can you suggest for things to do during February?
Statistics for February
- Highest Recorded 24°C (75°F) | Lowest Recorded 3°C (37°F)
- Highest Daily Average 16°C (61°F) | Lowest Daily Average 10°C (51°F)
- Daylight Hours of Sunshine 6.4
- UV Index 3 to 4
- Rainfall 66mm (2.6")
Malta Weather Compared to European Countries
- Austria 2°C | 36°F
- Belgium 4°C | 39°F
- France 5°C | 41°F
- Germany 1°C | 34°F
- Ireland 5°C | 41°F
- Italy 8°C | 46°F
- Netherlands 3°C | 37°F
- Poland -1°C | 30°F
- Sweden -13°C | 9°F
- Spain 9°C | 48°F
- Switzerland 1°C | 34°F
- United kingdom 5°C | 41°F
Weather in Malta in February - What Should I Wear & Pack?
- Layering is important, a mixture of thin and thicker clothes which you can alternate depending on the weather.
- A rain cover jacket with a hood is better than an umbrella when it is very windy. But a compact umbrella is always handy and can be carried around easily.
- As a tourist you will surely be venturing outside to see historical locations, so do get proper warm comfortable closed shoes to keep you warm.
- You will not be going to the beach so sandles or fil flops are not necessary but you can use them at your accommodation especially if there is an indoor pool.
- Swimming is not recommended in the open sea. Indoor pool it is safer.
- So packing tips: comfortable clothes thin and thick ones to alternate depending on the weather. A mix of jackets, water tight / wind protection jacket, cardigans and sweatshirts. Shoes closed and warn.
- Clothing for the first three months of the year are practically the same.
Cruises During February
- Harbour Cruise - Malta's Galant History | Departure daily from the Sliema Marina.
- The Best of Gozo and Comino | Departures Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday in January
- Mysteries of the Grand Harbour | Departures Monday, Wednesday & Friday all month
- Sunday Special | Departures on on Sunday
All other cruises start around March when the weather is more settled.
Tours During February
Full Day Tours:
Half Day Tours:
- Majestic Valletta Half Day | Operates Monday, Wednesday & Thursday
- Malta Prehistoric Temple Tour Half day | Held on Saturday
- The Three Cities Tour Half Day (Morning) | Operates only on a Wednesday
- Blue Grotto and Marsaxlokk Extended Half Day (Morning)| Operates only on a Monday
- Sicily Mt. Etna and Modica | Operates Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
- Sicilies eastern coast with Syracuse, Marzamemi and Noto | Held on Wednesday & Sunday
- Malta Jeep Safari Tours | Operates Monday to Saturday all year round
- Gozo Jeep Safari Tours | Operates Monday to Sunday all year round
- Defender Jeep Safari Tours: Malta | Gozo | Operates Monday to Saturday all year round
- Dolphins Swimming
- Malta Film Tour
- Segway Tour in Malta
- Day Tours in Malta and Gozo with Guide
- Multivision Show in Valletta on Malta
- Night tour through Valletta, Mosta and Mdina | Operates on a Tuesday
- Quad Bike Tour Malta | Operates on Monday, Wednesday & Friday
- Diving for Beginners
- Beach Day in Malta
- Malta Private Tour
- Hiking in Malta or Gozo
- Fishing Trips / Deep Sea Fishing / Deep Sea Angling in Malta
- Dinner & Show | Held on Wednesday & Friday
- Malta in One Day | Operates on Wednesday & Friday
- The Three Cities & Wine Tasting Tour | Operates on Tuesday
- Wine cellar, wine bar and professional wine tasting | Operates from Monday to Friday
Quick February Weather Malta Taughts
- The weather temperatures for February are similar to those of January. Very little changes, but the occasions to enjoy the beautiful sun will surely not be missed. So the weather conditions mentioned on the weather in Malta in January relate also for this month.
- It is still the coldest month of the year. There are several days with nice sunny weather.
- On average the
rain in February is less than that of January but weather changes occur and it
might be the opposite. Be prepared for rainy days. It might remain cloudy but
it is not unusual that the sun shines well after the rain. It is felt much
- The UV index already starts getting higher up to 3 to 4. Windy days are very possible and be prepared to have rain cover with a hood. Sometimes better than an umbrella if it is very windy which night end up getting broken.
- Daylight hours are one hour more than January. It is already nicer, sunrise is earlier and sunset time increases.
The Most Popular Tourist Attractions Malta Offers
- The sea
temperature is still low and not ideal for swimming as it is cold. It is
suggested to use the indoor pools of the hotels or swimming pool centres. If
days are clear and hot with no wind tourists will sunbathe but few will dip
into the sea as it is cold.
- Morning and evening are generally very fresh even cold.
- The weather in
March tender to get better, with less rain and temperatures increase gradually.