Are you coming to Malta? The weather in Malta in February page helps you understand what you will find. Actually it is the coldest month of the year. It is still a very good time to come to Malta. During this period tourists are less frequented. The attractions will be less crowded and better quality time for you.
Weather in Malta in February – View the following for good tips
A glance to the weather in Malta for February – You will read about it and much more…
- What should I pack? How does the
- Should I come here during this time of the year?
- Things you can do in Malta during February.
- Is it worth visiting Malta in winter or during the low season?
- What can you suggest for things to do during February?
Weather in Malta in February – A Quick Review
The weather in Malta in February page helps you understand what you will find. Actually it is a cold month like January. Bad weather, rain and winds expected but always with some very nice sunny days. It is still a very good time to come to Malta.
During this period tourists are less frequented. The attractions will be less crowded and better quality time for you.
Statistics for February
- Highest recorded 24°C (75°F) | Lowest recorded 3°C (37°F)
- Daily Average: Highest 16°C (61°F) | Lowest 10°C (51°F)
- Daylight Hours of Sunshine: 6.4
- UV index: 3 to 4
Weather in Malta in February - What Should I Wear?
- Many days in February will be rainy, windy and cloudy. A rain cover and umbrella are recommended.
- Layering is important. Get tops which you can dress on each other depending on the weather conditions.
- Being a tourist you will surely be venturing outside to see historical locations, so do get warm clothes and layers to put on depending on the weather.
- Closed comfortable shoes are a necessity. If you intend walking around you will need them.
- You will not be going to the beach so sandals or filflops are not necessary but you can use them at your accommodation especially if there is an indoor pool.
Cruises During February
- Harbour Cruises: Departure daily. See details
- The Best of Gozo and Comino: Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday all month. See details and bookings.
Tours During February
- Defender Malta and Gozo Jeep Safari: Tours operate all year round. They are separate tours for both islands.
Quick February Weather Malta Taughts
The weather temperatures for February are similar to those of January. Very little changes, but the occasions to enjoy the beautiful sun will surely not be missed. So the weather conditions mentioned on the weather in Malta in January relate also for this month.
It is still the coldest month of the year. There are several days with nice sunny weather.
On average the rain in February is less than that of January but weather changes occur and it might be the opposite. Be prepared for rainy days. It might remain cloudy but it is not unusual that the sun shines well after the rain. It is felt much stronger afterwords.
The UV index already starts getting higher up to 3 to 4. Windy days are very possible and be prepared to have rain cover with a hood. Sometimes better than an umbrella if it is very windy which night end up getting broken.
The Most Popular Tourist Attractions Malta Offers
Daylight hours are one hour more than January. It is already nicer, sunrise is earlier and sunset time increases.
The sea temperature is still low and not ideal for swimming as it is cold. It is suggested to use the indoor pools of the hotels or swimming pool centres. If days are clear and hot with no wind tourists will sunbathe but few will dip into the sea as it is cold.
Morning and evening are generally very fresh even cold.
The weather in
March tender to get better, with less rain and temperatures increase gradually.