Are you coming to Malta in April? It is spring time with lots of flowers and beautiful countryside. You will have the time to enjoy the sunny days a good time to come over to Malta. There are plenty of things to do while here both indoor and outdoor.
A quick glance to what you will find in this page
- What is the weather like?
- What type of weather do we have here?
- Then what is best to pack for a holiday in Malta during April?
- Is it the right time to visit Malta?
- What are the things you can do during April while in Malta?
- What are the cruises and tours we can enjoy?
Weather Statistics for April
- Highest Recorded 32°C (90°F) | Lowest Recorded 7°C (44°F)
- Daily Average: Highest 20°C (68°F) | Lowest 13°C (82°F)
- Daylight Hours of Sunshine 8.5
- UV Index 8 to 9
- Rainfall 26mm (1")
Weather Compared To Other European Countries
- Austria 11°C | 52°F
- Belgium 10°C | 50°F
- France 12°C | 54°F
- Germany 8°C | 46°F
- Ireland 8°C | 46°F
- Italy 13°C | 55°F
- Netherlands 8°C | 46°F
- Poland 6°C | 43°F
- Sweden -3°C | 27°F
- Spain 13°C | 55°F
- Switzerland 8°C | 46°F
- United kingdom 10°C | 50°F
Weather in Malta in April - What Should I Wear?
- April is much warmer light clothes are
- At the same time it is sometimes difficult what to wear either winter or
spring clothes depending on the weather as there are can surely fresh days even with rain. Get a mix with you, just to be prepared.
- During the day it is already possible to
wear t-shirts or sweatshirts.
- A light jacket or a sweatshirt for the evenings is useful, it all depends on how cold you usually feel.
- Get beach wear, accommodation with pool terraces will be surely in operation or just starting to.
- You can always go to a beach and sunbath if the weather is right.
- A hat is surely recommended. Sun cream
is also good to bring with you especially for those who have a fair complexion and for staying exposed in direct sunlight for many hours.
Suggestions of Things To Do in Malta During April
- Go round and explore the versatility of these small islands.
- Mdina and Valletta would be two of your most things to do in Malta. It does not matter if it is a sunny day or overcast as the beauty can be enjoyed just the same.
- Go for a day to Gozo. It is the same as Malta though so close to each other so different in many ways. Less traffic, greener, countryside, small villages, many village churches dominating the skyline.
- For Gozo there is a separate hop on hop off tour, see further details. You can plan your Gozo day by using this tour.
and see the islands, catch hop-on hop-off tours and will take you round. You
can spread the tour on two days and stop in the numerous historical locations
and tour the location or at least walk around and take photos.
Malta public transport has all routes required to take you to most historical
locations. The bus terminus is in Valletta from where all buses leave for all
villages and locations.
you have a rainy day and do not wish to stay out much there is a lot to do.
- The Eden Cinemas in St Julian's with all movies in the English Language. At Bugibba there is the Empire cinema too. All film releases are up to date.
St Julian's Paceville area there is Bay Street a shopping complex, with
restaurants and cafes where you can linger around. Many other bars, restaurants
the Bugibba and Qawra area there are plenty of bars and pubs where you can
entertain yourself and also watch international football games.
bowling alley is just adjacent to the Eden Cinemas.
Friday functions, processions and Easter Sunday morning procession. Dates vary
between March and April.
Cruises During April
- Comino & The Blue Lagoon
- Gozo, Comino and The Blue Lagoon
- The Best of Gozo and Comino
- Yacht Day Charter with Skipper
- Round Malta Day Cruise
- Harbour Cruise - Malta's Galant History | Departure daily from the Sliema Marina.
- Mysteries of the Grand Harbour | Departures Monday, Wednesday & Friday all month
- Sunday Special | Departures on on Sunday
- Underwater Safari | Departures Monday to Saturday in April
- Above & Below | Departures Monday, Wednesday & Friday all month
- Boatparty in Malta & Gozo | Departures Wednesday & Friday to Sunday
- Gozo Jeep Safari & Comino Cruise | Departures Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
All other cruises start around March when the weather is more settled.
Tours During April
Full Day Tours:
Half Day Tours:
- Majestic Valletta Half Day | Operates Monday, Wednesday & Thursday
- Malta Prehistoric Temple Tour Half day | Held on Saturday
- The Three Cities Tour Half Day (Morning) | Operates only on a Wednesday
- Blue Grotto and Marsaxlokk Extended Half Day (Morning)| Operates only on a Sunday
- Sicily Mt. Etna and Modica | Operates Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
- Sicilies eastern coast with Syracuse, Marzamemi and Noto | Held on Wednesday & Sunday
- Malta Jeep Safari Tours | Operates Monday to Saturday all year round
- Gozo Jeep Safari Tours | Operates Monday to Sunday all year round
- Defender Jeep Safari Tours: Malta | Gozo | Operates Monday to Saturday all year round
- Dolphins Swimming
- Malta Film Tour
- Segway Tour in Malta
- Hypogeum in Malta
- Day Tours in Malta and Gozo with Guide
- Multivision Show in Valletta on Malta
- Sightseeing in Malta | Sightseeing in Gozo
- Night tour through Valletta, Mosta and Mdina | Operates on a Tuesday
- Quad Bike Tour Malta | Operates on Monday, Wednesday & Friday
- Diving for Beginners
- Beach Day in Malta
- Malta Private Tour
- Jet Skiing Malta
- Hiking in Malta or Gozo
- Fishing Trips / Deep Sea Fishing / Deep Sea Angling in Malta
- Dinner & Show | Held on Wednesday & Friday
- Malta in One Day | Operates on Wednesday & Friday
- The Three Cities & Wine Tasting Tour | Operates on Tuesday
- Wine cellar, wine bar and professional wine tasting | Operates from Monday to Friday
Weather in Malta in April Quick Taughts
- Spring time, winter feels already past by. Windy days, rain still with us but not much.
- Starting of spring time in Malta. By beginning mid-April the weather is changing towards summer.
- Beautiful countryside, sunbathing starts, sea temperature still too cold to swim. But sunbathing is pleasant as the temperature are still not that high.
- Beautiful hot days if not cloudy or windy but much less by now as winter is over. No more cold weather like January and February. Temperatures are more confortable.
- You can see people wearing lighter clothes. Even during certain days with shorts and tee shirts. In direct sunlight the sun will be very hot.
- More tourists arrive on the islands. It is fantastic weather for them. They wear summer clothes. You can observe that many go for sunbathing even swimming although the sea will still be cold so few dare jump in.
- Bad weather can still be with us, just be prepared and see the weather forecast before you come over but by this time it is more stable getting closer to summer.