The weather is very hot at this time. A great time to be in Malta! Long days, sunbathing, long hot evenings, cruises. The ideal time for your summer holiday with shorts, t-shirts sandles or filflops. A lovely
Weather in Malta in July – Here is what you need to know
A glance to the weather in Malta for July – Have a look further down…
in July, what is the weather like?
- Should I come during July?
- What should I pack and wear for visiting Malta during July?
- What should I wear for different occasions?
- What can I do during July?
- What are the practical things to do during July?
- Village feasts in Malta. Can you suggest where I can go?
- What are the cruises to enjoy a day to the Blue Lagoon at Comino?
Statistics for July
- Highest Recorded 43°C (110°F) | Lowest Recorded 17°C (63°F)
- Daily Average: Highest
32°C (89°F) | Lowest 23°C
- Daylight Hours of Sunshine 12.2
- UV Index 10 to 11
- Rainfall 0.2mm (0.01")
Statistics for July
- Austria 21°C | 70°F
- Belgium 19°C | 66°F
- France 20°C | 68°F
- Germany 19°C | 66°F
- Ireland 16°C | 61°F
- Italy 25°C | 77°F
- Netherlands 17°C | 63°F
- Poland 17°C | 63°F
- Sweden 12°C | 54°F
- Spain 24°C | 75°F
- Switzerland 19°C | 66°F
- United kingdom 19°C | 66°F
Weather in Malta in July - What Should I Wear?
- You need only summer clothes. Plenty to
get you by your holiday due to sweat.
- There is no need for any sweatshirts or cardigans. The evenings are warm too so you will not need them.
- Beach wear, light dresses, light shirts, shorts, sandles and fill flops. If you intend going for walks you might need closed shoes for comfort. Do not bring anything that will make you feel hot.
- No need for any light wintery clothes. The evening will be warm but might be slightly fresh. If you are one who usually need a bit of cover do bring a light sweatshirt or a cardigan.
Suggestions of Things To Do in Malta During July
- It is the time of various evening festival and concerts.
See details on the activities of July page.
- Take a hop-on hop-off tour of Malta and Gozo. Link to
- The open air night clubs are now at full swing. Dance away at Ciampula (limits of Siggiewi). Then also at Club Numero Uno at Ta’ Qali. Both are close to Rabat in Malta. You need transport arrangements for these two locations as they are not reachable by public transport late at night.
- In Malta the areas with the most night clubs, bars and restaurants is St. Julian’s with Paceville being the most popular as they are adjacent to each other. Other areas are at Bugibba, Mellieha and Marsascala.
- In Gozo you find a few clubs in Rabat and a disco called La Grotta on the main road leading to Xlendi where it is busy during weekends especially in summer.
- Attend to a Maltese folklore nights at the Limestone Heritage Siggiewi. Taste Maltese food, entertainment and folklore dancing.
Cruises During July
- Yacht Day Charter with Skipper
- Round Malta Day Cruise
- Boat Rental Without Licence
- Spirit of Malta
- Sunset Cruise | Operates on a Sunday only
- Spirit of Malta Adventure | Departure on Monday & Thursday
- Harbour Cruise - Malta's Galant History | Departure daily from the Sliema Marina.
- Mysteries of the Grand Harbour | Departures Monday, Wednesday & Friday all month
- Sunday Special | Departures on on Sunday
- Underwater Safari | Departures Monday to Saturday in April
- Above & Below | Departures Monday, Wednesday & Friday all month
Gozo & Comino Cruises:
- Comino & The Blue Lagoon
- Gozo, Comino and The Blue Lagoon
- The Best of Gozo and Comino
- Travel By Powerboat to Comino and/or Gozo
- Full Day 3 Island Sailing Trip | Operates only on a Monday
- Boatparty in Malta & Gozo | Departures Wednesday & Friday to Sunday
- Gozo Jeep Safari & Comino Cruise | Departures Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
All other cruises start around March when the weather is more settled.
Tours During July
Full Day Tours:
Half Day Tours:
- Majestic Valletta Half Day | Operates Monday, Wednesday & Thursday
- Malta Prehistoric Temple Tour Half day | Held on Saturday
- The Three Cities Tour Half Day (Morning) | Operates only on a Wednesday
- Blue Grotto and Marsaxlokk Extended Half Day (Morning)| Operates only on a Sunday
- Sicily Mt. Etna and Modica | Operates Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
- Sicilies eastern coast with Syracuse, Marzamemi and Noto | Held on Wednesday & Sunday
- Sicily Mount Etna and Taormina | Operates Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
- Malta Jeep Safari Tours | Operates Monday to Saturday all year round
- Gozo Jeep Safari Tours | Operates Monday to Sunday all year round
- Defender Jeep Safari Tours: Malta | Gozo | Operates Monday to Saturday all year round
- Snorkeling in Malta
- Dolphins Swimming
- Malta Film Tour
- Segway Tour in Malta
- Hypogeum in Malta
- Sightseeing in Malta | Sightseeing in Gozo
- Night tour through Valletta, Mosta and Mdina | Operates on a Tuesday
- Diving for Beginners
- Beach Day in Malta
- Malta Private Tour
- Jet Skiing Malta
- Fishing Trips / Deep Sea Fishing / Deep Sea Angling in Malta
- Dinner & Show | Held on Wednesday & Friday
- Malta in One Day | Operates on Wednesday & Friday
Quick July Weather Malta Taughts
- July is the driest, sunniest even from
the month of August although August is very hot too.
- It is peak summer. The heat is on and
how. Intense heat, adjust yourself.
- The beaches are full with locals and
tourists. You can sunbathe as much as you want.
- It is the time to take it slower during the day, stay as much as you can in cool temperatures. You will look for air conditioned locations. At the beach it is important to have at least an umbrella.
- Malta being such a small island we do get wind. Many times it is ideal if you are at the beach. At the same time you might think that the you will get less of a sun tan. Do not be misled. Use sunscreens as recommended.
- The average temperature for this month increases from 25°C (77°F) to 27°C (80°F) up to the end of the month with daily highs and lows follow the same pattern.
- By now the weather is stable. It is summer. Average rainfall is 0mm.
- There could be a minor precipitation but most likely with a few drops of rain. Exceptions occur with minor rainfall if any. The weather will still remain very hot.
- Morning and evening are by now hot. You will feel the heat in on already. Evening are hot and the nights are too. You need air conditioning and fans to cool you down.
- Day light is 12 hours, early sunrise and late sunset. It is the month with the longest daylight.
- Rainfall is minimal and you will surely not have any throughout your holiday.
- Clear skies all day long. Good cover hats and sunglasses. Apply creams as frequent as possible. Drinking of water is highly recommended.
- Also if you go for sightseeing and walk around to see historical places, the air will be very dry and the heat will have a strong effect on you. Take precautions.