Are you coming to Malta in March? It starts getting warmer and daylight is longer to enjoy the beauty of Malta. A good time to come over. Tourists start increasing and the attractions will not be crowded.
The Weather in Malta in March is just for you with some of the best things to do in Malta in March. This Malta weather page will help you realize what the weather is like and so what you can expect during March.
Here is what you should know while planning your trip for March
- What should I pack? How does the
- Should I come here during this time of the year?
- What will I expect?
- What are the practical things to do during March?
- Highest Recorded 34°C (92°F) | Lowest Recorded 5°C (41°F)
- Daily Average Highest 18°C (64°F) | Daily Average Lowest 11°C (78°F)
- Daylight Hours of Sunshine 7.3
- UV Index 6 to 7
- Rainfall 38mm (1.5")
- Austria 6°C | 43°F
- Belgium 10°C | 44°F
- France 8°C | 48°F
- Germany 5°C | 41°F
- Ireland 6°C | 44°F
- Italy 10°C | 50°F
- Netherlands 6°C | 44°F
- Poland 3°C | 37°F
- Sweden -9°C | 16°F
- Spain 11°C | 53°F
- Switzerland 5°C | 41°F
- United kingdom 7°C | 46°F
- Lighter clothes and a light jacket will be useful. Since the weather can change from night to day you might consider getting another jacket that is warmer.
- No thick clothes are necessary as temperatures start to increase, but bad weather is possible with winds and rain so still be prepared.
- A good pair of water proof shoes is always much better than sandles or sports shoes especially if you intend walking a lot around the historical locations.
- A umbrella is important to get with you for rainy days.
- There can be good sunny days which will permit you to sunbathe may be for a few hours. The sea temperature is still very cold and could be rough.
- If the hotel you are staying at has an indoor pool, sandles and flip-flops are useful.
- It's always better to be safe than sorry, so make sure you pack a good mixture of clothing and shoes.
Cruises During March
- Harbour Cruise - Malta's Galant History | Departure daily from the Sliema Marina.
- The Best of Gozo and Comino | Departures Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday in January
- Mysteries of the Grand Harbour | Departures Monday, Wednesday & Friday all month
- Sunday Special | Departures on on Sunday
All other cruises start around March when the weather is more settled.
Tours During March
Full Day Tours:
Half Day Tours:
- Majestic Valletta Half Day | Operates Monday, Wednesday & Thursday
- Malta Prehistoric Temple Tour Half day | Held on Saturday
- The Three Cities Tour Half Day (Morning) | Operates only on a Wednesday
- Blue Grotto and Marsaxlokk Extended Half Day (Morning)| Operates only on a Monday
- Sicily Mt. Etna and Modica | Operates Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
- Sicilies eastern coast with Syracuse, Marzamemi and Noto | Held on Wednesday & Sunday
- Malta Jeep Safari Tours | Operates Monday to Saturday all year round
- Gozo Jeep Safari Tours | Operates Monday to Sunday all year round
- Defender Jeep Safari Tours: Malta | Gozo | Operates Monday to Saturday all year round
- Dolphins Swimming
- Malta Film Tour
- Segway Tour in Malta
- Day Tours in Malta and Gozo with Guide
- Multivision Show in Valletta on Malta
- Night tour through Valletta, Mosta and Mdina | Operates on a Tuesday
- Quad Bike Tour Malta | Operates on Monday, Wednesday & Friday
- Diving for Beginners
- Beach Day in Malta
- Malta Private Tour
- Hiking in Malta or Gozo
- Fishing Trips / Deep Sea Fishing / Deep Sea Angling in Malta
- Dinner & Show | Held on Wednesday & Friday
- Malta in One Day | Operates on Wednesday & Friday
- The Three Cities & Wine Tasting Tour | Operates on Tuesday
- Wine cellar, wine bar and professional wine tasting | Operates from Monday to Friday
- During March, the temperature starts to feel warmer.
- During early morning and late evening, the weather is still fresh.
- You already see a few tourists sunbathing at the sandy beaches.
- The sun during March can be quite strong so with you must get, sunscreen, hat and sun glasses. The UV can already be around 5 to 6.
- You can wear a t-shirt and a cardigan around your waist just in case you need it. The afternoons will be more hot than the mornings.
- The sun sets around 18.00 and the air becomes fresher by the evening. A light jumper or jacket is best at this time if you intend spending the evening out.
- From the morning you will feel that the air is warmer than the months before. Even inside our houses they are not that damp as they were during January and February when the weather was colder and with regular rain.
- Windy days are very possible and you will feel the air more fresh, the sun still hotter but cloudy days possible.
- Day light hours are already on the increase with an average of 6.4 hours each day. Time saving time starts at the end of the month.