Coming to Malta in May? By now the weather is getting hotter. It is one of the best periods to come over. Not too hot but not cold. Definitely by the evening it is fresh and enjoyable for a beautiful walk. Come and enjoy the weather.
Malta Weather in May – View the following for good tips
A glance to the weather in Malta for May – You will read about it and much more…
- What should I pack? What should I
- Should I come here during this time of the year?
- Is it worth visiting Malta in spring?
- What can you suggest for things to do in Malta in May?
- Village feasts in Malta. Where should I go to enjoy Maltese culture?
- What are the cruises and tours we can book?
Statistics for May
- Highest Recorded 37°C (99°F) | Lowest Recorded 11°C (51°F)
- Daily Average: Highest 24°C (75°F) | Lowest 17°C
- Daylight Hours of Sunshine 10.0
- UV index 8 to 9
- Rainfall 9mm (0.35")
Weather From Other Countries
- Austria 16°C | 61°F
- Belgium 16°C | 61°F
- France 15°C | 59°F
- Germany 14°C | 57°F
- Ireland 11°C | 52°F
- Italy 17°C | 63°F
- Netherlands 12°C | 54°F
- Poland 11°C | 52°F
- Sweden 3°C | 37°F
- Spain 17°C | 63°F
- Switzerland 12°C | 54°F
- United kingdom 13°C | 54°F
Weather in Malta in May - What Should I Wear?
- By this time tourists will be wearing t-shirts and shorts and sunbathing during the day.
- Bring with you light sweaters, t-shirts and a light jacket maybe for the mornings and evenings.
- It is good to bring with you a raincoat
and portable umbrella but the days with rain are just a few if any. It is not
unusual to have a short storm, but the weather is already warm by now.
- Sun screen is important as we always recommend in our pages. Hats and sunglasses compliment the basic necessities.
- Malta can give you the right stable weather that you are looking for, pack your bags and come over relax, sunbathe and enjoy our heritage and culture.
Suggestions of Things To Do in Malta During May
- Take a tour with the hop on hop off around Malta and a separate one for Gozo. In Malta there are two tours one for the north and south of the island. All tours with stops at the many important locations.
- A visit to Valletta and mdina is a must and dedicate enough time to see the most important landmarks.
- Visit some of the quiet small villages which are not much visited but have a lot to see and explore. We suggest Mqabba, Qrendi and Kirkop. They are located on the other side of the Malta International Airport.
- Visit the UNESCO heritage sites. See details about the Megalithic Temples of Malta. Tarxien temples, and Mnajdra temples.
- Book a visit the Hypogeum experience from the online site a unique location to see in Malta.
Cruises During May
- Comino & The Blue Lagoon
- Gozo, Comino and The Blue Lagoon
- The Best of Gozo and Comino
- Yacht Day Charter with Skipper
- Round Malta Day Cruise
- Boat Rental Without Licence
- Travel By Powerboat to Comino and/or Gozo
- Full Day 3 Island Sailing Trip | Operates only on a Monday
- Spirit of Malta Adventure | Departure on Monday & Thursday
- Harbour Cruise - Malta's Galant History | Departure daily from the Sliema Marina.
- Mysteries of the Grand Harbour | Departures Monday, Wednesday & Friday all month
- Sunday Special | Departures on on Sunday
- Underwater Safari | Departures Monday to Saturday in April
- Above & Below | Departures Monday, Wednesday & Friday all month
- Boatparty in Malta & Gozo | Departures Wednesday & Friday to Sunday
- Gozo Jeep Safari & Comino Cruise | Departures Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
All other cruises start around March when the weather is more settled.
Tours During May
Full Day Tours:
Half Day Tours:
- Majestic Valletta Half Day | Operates Monday, Wednesday & Thursday
- Malta Prehistoric Temple Tour Half day | Held on Saturday
- The Three Cities Tour Half Day (Morning) | Operates only on a Wednesday
- Blue Grotto and Marsaxlokk Extended Half Day (Morning)| Operates only on a Sunday
- Sicily Mt. Etna and Modica | Operates Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
- Sicilies eastern coast with Syracuse, Marzamemi and Noto | Held on Wednesday & Sunday
- Sicily Mount Etna and Taormina | Operates Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
- Malta Jeep Safari Tours | Operates Monday to Saturday all year round
- Gozo Jeep Safari Tours | Operates Monday to Sunday all year round
- Defender Jeep Safari Tours: Malta | Gozo | Operates Monday to Saturday all year round
- Diving for Beginners
- Beach Day in Malta
- Malta Private Tour
- Jet Skiing Malta
- Fishing Trips / Deep Sea Fishing / Deep Sea Angling in Malta
- Dinner & Show | Held on Wednesday & Friday
- Malta in One Day | Operates on Wednesday & Friday
Quick May Weather Malta Taughts
May is the time to start preparing for
summer. It is a great month to come to Malta. Neither too hot, but neither
cold, still a bit fresh in the morning and evening.
Countryside is beautiful although with the lack of rain the greenery starts drying up. Gozo remains greener.
The locals are already with summer clothes. The Maltese change to summer clothes very early but they do carry a light cover with them.
A great time to be in Malta for your holiday. Good time for sunbathing. UV index 8 to 9, so proper cover and creams.
Daylight is already 10 hours a day. Early sunrise and late sunset gives you a good day to enjoy outside.
Rain fall is already minimal. See the average temperatures data on this page for a general idea of what you will find.
If you are coming from a colder country, this is surely like summer for you at the same time neither too unbearably hot sun.
May will be surely nice but still it
might be risky for bad weather although if it is fine it will be very
Still by this time the weather starts
getting more stable.
Average rainfall in May is 9mm so you
should have nice weather.
During the weekends when the weather is fine you will see the sandy beaches full with people sunbathing, but the sea temperature is still cold but not bad for a good fresh dip.