Coming to Malta in May? By now the weather is getting hotter. It is one of the best periods to come over. Not too hot but not cold. Definitely by the evening it is fresh and enjoyable for a beautiful walk. Come and enjoy the weather.
Malta Weather in May – View the following for good tips
A glance to the weather in Malta for May – You will read about it and much more…
- What should I pack? What should I
- Should I come here during this time of the year?
- Is it worth visiting Malta in spring?
- What can you suggest for things to do in Malta in May?
- Village feasts in Malta. Where should I go to enjoy Maltese culture?
- What are the cruises and tours we can book?
Statistics for May
- Highest recorded 37°C (99°F) | Lowest recorded 11°C (51°F)
- Daily Average: Highest 24°C (75°F) | Lowest 17°C
- Daylight hours of sunshine: 10.0
- UV index: 8 to 9
- Rainfall: 9mm (0.35")
Weather in Malta in May - What Should I Wear?
- By this time tourists will be wearing tee shirts and shorts and sunbathing during the day.
- Bring with you light sweaters, t-shirts and a light jacket may be for the mornings and evenings.
- It is good to bring with you a raincoat
and portable umbrella but the days with rain are just a few if any. It is not
unusual to have a short storm, but the weather is already warm by now.
- Sun screen is important as we always recommend in our pages. Hats and sunglass compliment the basic necessities.
- Malta can give you the right stable weather that you are looking for, pack your bags and come over relax, sunbathe and enjoy our heritage and culture.
Suggestions of Things To Do in Malta During May
- Take a tour with the hop on hop off around Malta and a separate one for Gozo. In Malta there are two tours one for the north and south of the island. All tours with stops at the many important locations.
- A visit to
Valletta and mdina is a must and dedicate enough time to see the most important
- Visit some of the quiet small villages which are not much visited
but have a lot to see and explore. We suggest Mqabba, Qrendi and Kirkop. They
are located on the other side of the Malta International Airport.
- Visit the UNESCO
heritage sites. See details about the Megalithic Temples of Malta. Tarxien
temples, and Mnajdra temples.
- Book a visit the Hypogeum
experience from the online site a unique location to see in Malta.
Cruises During May
- Underwater Safari: Departures Monday to Friday all weeks of the month.
- Boat Party in Malta & Gozo: Departures every Friday and Saturday all month.
- Round Malta Day Cruise: Departures Monday Wednesday, Friday and Saturday all month.
- Above and
Below: Departures Monday, Wednesday and Friday all
Tours During May
- Departures of all cruises from Sliema Marina.
Quick May Weather Malta Taughts
May is the time to start preparing for
summer. It is a great month to come to Malta. Neither too hot, but neither
cold, still a bit fresh in the morning and evening.
Countryside is beautiful although with the lack of rain the greenery starts drying up. Gozo remains greener.
The locals are already with summer clothes.
The Maltese change to summer clothes very early but they do carry a light cover
A great time to be in Malta for your
holiday. Good time for sunbathing. UV index 8 to 9, so proper cover and creams.
Daylight is already 10 hours a day.
Early sunrise and late sunset gives you a good day to enjoy outside.
The Most Popular Tourist Attractions Malta Offers
Rain fall is already minimal. See the
average temperatures data on this page for a general idea of what you will find.
If you are coming from a colder country,
this is surely like summer for you at the same time neither too unbearably hot
May will be surely nice but still it
might be risky for bad weather although if it is fine it will be very
Still by this time the weather starts
getting more stable.
Average rainfall in May is 9mm so you
should have nice weather.
During the weekends when the weather is fine you will see the sandy beaches full with people sunbathing, but the sea temperature is still cold but not bad for a good fresh dip.