St Peter's Pool Marsaxlokk is another lovely beautiful natural peaceful inlet pool that is frequented by many tourists locals. It is an ideal location where you can relax away from the daily busy tourist areas. Located between Marsaxlokk fishing village and Delimara Point.
It is located in the south of Malta surrounded by the lovely blue deep waters and natural limestone rocks. It attracts swimmers for its crystal clear azure and light green colours and also offering ideal areas for snorkelling.
When the sea is calm it is a beautiful green and blue color.
Worth visiting for people to like to snorkel and divers to discover the lovely fish and rocks that they can discover whilst exploring the area.
Since this bay is located in the South of Malta the only way to get to the beach is:
- From the car park there is a steep track leading down to the bay. At the end there is a flight of stairs without any handrail.
- The older generation due to the rather dangerous unpaved path, needs to be careful and cautious how to reach the bay.
Below are the directions to get to St. Peter's Pool from Bugibba.
On calm weather days St. Peter's Pool Marsaxlokk can be reached by a fishing boat hired from the pier or is a short €10 euro ride in a private taxi. Do remember to book your return taxi with a fixed time to collect.
- This natural swimming pool may not be suitable for small children at all times.
- We only recommend this bay for children if only confident in swimming and they are well attended.
- The sea is all deep and since the bay is open it can be choppy or rough on windy days but on calm days the bay is beautiful.
- At this bay you do not find: chairs and umbrellas to rent, restroom, water sports rental and lifeguard.
Food and Drink
- Make sure that you bring whatever you need for a day out as there are no facilities whatsoever.
- There is a nice friendly ice cream man in the car park.
- He also sells water, soft drinks and basic Maltese Ftira.
- This service is mostly available during summer.
- We still recommend that you get your own as you will not find any food and drink in this area.
- Prime Minister Dom Mintoff lived nearby and swam here daily in the past for many years.
- It used to be a very quiet spot where you could descend the stone steps and swim in the sea.
St Peter's Pool Diving Dog
- Diving Dog: Pet Jack Russell ‘Titti’ Jumps From Rocks With Her Owner
- Unfortunately Titti the dog passed away on 28th January 2019.
- Recently after the loss of TItti, in summer 2019 Carmelo Abela got a new Jack Russell puppy named Tina,
- Close by St. Peter's pool is the village of Marsaxlokk which is a fishing village where you can see local fisherman mending their nets.
- A good location for beautiful photos and plenty of restaurants for sea food lovers to meet every budget.
- You will love it and surely return to visit again.
- Beside St. Peter's Pool there is another two rocky bays adjacent to each other.
- They are called Il-Ħofra L-Kbira and Il-Ħoffa ż-Żghira.
- Recommended a visit for a swim. The location is very quiet where you can relax away from crowds.